Title: Transport and Logistics Officer
Duty Station: Kampala
Contract Type: Part time
Contract Duration: 2 years (January 2024- July 2026)
Reports to: Human Resource and Administration Manger,
The Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights Alliance Uganda (SRHR- A) is a consortium of organizations that stand for and work to ensure that All adolescents and young people have EQUAL access to SRHR services and information in a supportive and violence free environment. The Alliance was founded to strengthen partnerships and synergies to advance and promote the needs of the different groups of adolescents and young people.
The SRHR Alliance Uganda are seeking the services of qualified candidates to fill the position of the Logistics and Transport Officer based in Kampala with work across all districts.
- Main Purpose of the Job:
To drive authorized passengers, transport goods and services (information) and check the mechanical condition of the SRHR Alliance vehicles regularly and act accordingly in line with organization policies.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
The following are the core duties of the Transport and Logistics Officer:
- Drive SRHR-A vehicles/authorized passengers to specified destinations as approved by the supervisor in line with organization vehicle usage policy.
- Deliver packages, goods and mails and any other information to specified people, places and offices in line with SRHR-A policies.
- Check the vehicle status/condition e.g. engine oil, water, nuts, battery water, license, Third Party Insurance, brakes, tyre pressure etc. prior to any journey and carry out regular vehicle repairs e.g. correcting hard start, tightening bolts and nuts, topping up battery water, etc. in line with SRHR-A policy. Maintain the hygiene of the vehicle
- Report all major and minor damages and accidents on the vehicle at hand to the supervisor in line with SRHR-A vehicle policies.
- Monitor the security of vehicle, authorized passengers and luggage in line with the vehicle policy.
- Record and maintain a travel log to record areas travelled to, travel time, and work hours
- Dress professionally and in accordance with company’s dress code.
- Prepare and submit vehicle monthly reports in line with the SRHR-A Vehicle Policy.
- The driver shall strictly observe Traffic Rules and Regulation and maximum speed limit as prescribed by the traffic regulatory authority.
- Observe and maintain the regular working hours and at all-time park the vehicle at the designated parking area.
- Any other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- Academic Qualification and Experience:
- Holds A level certificate.
- Holds a valid driving permit.
- Has two years of driving experience including driving long distances (up country districts)
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 70% of the time.
- Ability to prioritize work in relation to need and urgency.
- Working knowledge of a fax machine, photocopier, computer and telephone preferred.
- Skills, knowledge, and Competences:
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English [and any other local language(s)].
- Mechanical Knowledge and car maintenance skills is required
- First Aid skills are required
- Knowledge on safe road use is needed
- Perform other duties as required.
- Application Procedures
Interested individuals may submit their applications by email to the address provided below. The application should include.
- 1-page cover/Motivation letter
- 2-paged CV.
- 3 Referees
The application should be addressed to the Human Resource and Administration Officer and clearly labeled application for the position of: “Transport and Logistics Officer”. The application should be sent to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission Deadline
All applications should be received by close of business on 31st January 2024.
Important to note:
The SRHR Alliance Uganda is an equal opportunity employee; persons with disabilities as well as female candidates are encouraged to apply,
Disclaimer: The SRHR Alliance does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agencies.