SRHR ALLIANCE UGANDA
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR PRODUCTION VIDEO ANIMATIONS
- Back Ground:
The Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) Alliance Uganda is a coalition of organizations with strong niche, expertise and experience in key aspects of SRHR programming for vulnerable and marginalized groups of adolescents and young people in Uganda. The Alliance was founded to strengthen partnerships and synergies among SRHR practitioners and actors to advance and promote the needs of the different groups of adolescents and young people. Alliance is formally registered as a Non-Government Organization (NGO) and as a Non-Profit Company limited by guarantee with mandate to operate nationwide.
The Alliance is currently comprised of 8 members including: Straight Talk Foundation (STF); Restless Development (RD); National Forum of People Living with HIV/AIDS Networks in Uganda (NAFOPHANU); Reach a Hand Uganda (RAHU); Uganda Network of Young People Living with HIV/AIDS (UNYPA); Family Life Education Program (FLEP); Reproductive Health Uganda (RHU) as well as Centre for Health, Human Rights and Development (CEHURD).
The Alliance through the above 8 partners is currently implementing an SRHR programme entitled “Get Up Speak Out” (GUSO) in four Busoga region districts of Iganga, Bugiri, Mayuge and Jinja. The program is focused on ensuring provision of high quality Youth friendly services, Sexuality/ Health/ Life education, combating Sexual and Gender Based Violence (SGBV) and creating an enabling environment at social, legal and policy levels.
In order to strengthen its communication and to ensure all young people having access to SRHR services and information, the SRHR Alliance Uganda would like to hire a consultant to support in the production of animated videos.
- Purpose of the assignment
The purpose of the assignment is to produce animation video on key aspects of SRHR
- Specific Objectives
- To compile information and produce script on the different aspects of SRHR that will be part of the animated videos
- To produce 5 animation videos on the selected aspects of SRHR
- Scope of work:
- Come up with a proposal and concept note for the animated videos
- Work with communications assistant to develop a script for the animated videos
- Guide on the approach of the latest animations and develop story lines.
- Work with partners and young people to generate appropriate animation messages
- Work with Alliance to Identify key characters to feature in the animations
- Produce 5 copies of the Animated video (3-10 minutes each)
- Produce customize copies of the video animations for sharing on social media
- Expected deliverables:
- Present drafts of the animated video production to the Alliance team for review
- Incorporate any agreed changes into the animation
- Submit the final copies with 5 video animations for approval on DVD and soft copy on flash disk
The consultants will be expected to propose the most appropriate methodology that will include: how the data for the video will be collected; how the video will be produced and quality assurance. Equipment to be used during the Facebook live broadcast.
- Time Frame
The entire assignment should be completed within a period not exceeding 20 working days from the date of signing of the contract.
- Expertise and experience Required for the Assignment
The consultant/firm is expected to have the following qualifications;
- Possess relevant qualification and skills in film making and editing
- Demonstrated experience (at least 3 years) in filming documentaries and animation production
- Proven experience of handling related consultancy assignments especially within SRHR/public health field will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated capacity to handle the tasks including equipment and staff
- Proven ability and expertise to document success/change stories and best practices.
- Ethical and Research Standard
The consultant is expected to adhere by recognized principles of filming ethics and procedures including consent and the Facebook standards for live broadcast.
- Reporting and supervision
The Consultant will report to the National Coordinator of the SRHR Alliance Uganda who will provide overall management and supervision. The day to day supervision will be done by the Communication Assistant.
- Application Procedures
Interested Individuals and/or Consultancy firms may submit their application by hand delivery to the email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application should include;
- A technical proposal describing methodology and approach to the assignment, the team and evidence of experience delivering related tasks.
- A financial proposal detailing the cost of the proposed work
- An updated resume of the Consultancy Team Leader and key members of the team, addresses of referees.
- The envelope (for hand delivered) should clearly indicate “Application for Consultancy to produce Animated videos”
- Submission deadline:
All applications should be received by 25th August before 5 00pm: