Title: Project Officer
Duty Station: Arua
Contract Type: Full time
Reports to: Programs Manager
The Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights Alliance Uganda (SRHR Alliance Uganda) is a consortium of organizations that stand for and work to ensure that All adolescents and young people have EQUAL access to SRHR services and information in a supportive and violence free environment. The Alliance was founded to strengthen partnerships and synergies to advance and promote the needs of the different groups of adolescents and young people.
Cordaid in partnership with the SRHR Alliance Uganda will jointly implement the Healthy and Empowered Youth Outcomes (HEYO) project in Terego and Yumbe districts for 2.5 years. The project is aimed at reducing teenage pregnancy and early marriage,
It is on this basis that the SRHR Alliance Uganda are seeking the services of qualified candidates to fill the position of the Project Officer for the HEYO-2 based in Arua district.
- Main Purpose of the Job:
The health project officer will directly contribute to implementation of the HEYO project and can support other ongoing health and gender interventions based on need. S/he will conduct all the day to day project planning, implementation, coordination, monitoring and reporting. S/he will closely work with program and operations colleagues to ensure efficient and effective project implementation monitoring and reporting while maintaining strong internal controls. The PO is responsible for a smooth project operation in line with the project managers guidance, and with organization policies and procedures.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
The following are the core duties of the Project Officer:
- Work closely with project partners to provide hands on technical support to HEYO implementation and other health projects as and when need arises.
- Conduct regular field visits to monitor the progress of programmes and projects on the ground and ensure effective oversight of and support of local partners taking corrective action with minimal delay.
- Maintain effective coordination with other Project leaders/coordination to enable the development of an integrated and innovative portfolio.
- Maintain effective coordination with the programs manager to ensure timely and correct measurement of results, outcomes and impacts and to facilitate learning towards continuous improvements in the design and delivery of programmes and projects.
- Identify and mitigate operational risks for HEYO project
- Lead HEYO activity and project reporting and documentation of best practice and lessons, change stories, generate and document partner feedback. Timeliness and quality of reports; document activity and monthly reports and ensures compliance with donor reporting standards.
- Participate and contribute ideas in programs and projects development; create possibilities to acquire funds of institutional donors.
- Assesses which information is relevant for planning, monitoring and evaluation purposes; fills in the required PME format and assesses what extra PME information beside the standard formats is of importance.
- Analyses and draws conclusions from PME information and makes these accessible to stakeholders; Develop clear quarterly work plans and budgets for validation by the Project Manager;
- Check budget vs expenses for tasks assigned to him/her; inform the Project Manager immediately on cases of fraud and/or corruption or over – / under spending more than the norm, affecting the program results;
- Deliver timely and good quality input to project reports as requested by the Project Manager
- Assesses which results are relevant for communication and fundraising purposes, collects these and formulates texts in accordance with quality standards of the Communications department. Collects and filters necessary information for open data sources. Delivers good qualitative information to the Communications department in time.
- Ensure that SRHR Alliance programmes and partnerships are actively represented in coordination structures. Share progress and update on programme activities within the cluster system and relevant donors.
- Maintains contacts with partners and field offices focused on the effective and efficient implementation of programs. Makes agreements with partners regarding the achievement of substantive results, increasing their expertise, organizational sustainability and accountability in accordance with the guidelines of donors.
- Any other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- Academic Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Social Science, Public Health and other relevant fields. A master’s degree is not mandatory but can be an added advantage
- 2 to 3 years of proven experience in SRHR related project development, implementation, monitoring and reporting.
- Willing to work and be based in Arua, West Nile.
- Skills, knowledge, and Competences:
- Demonstrable experience of driving advocacy, communications, and fundraising approaches.
- Proven experience of representing an organisation externally to key stakeholders, maintaining government and partner relations.
- Ability to live and work under pressure in a rapidly changing and sometimes insecure environment
- Team player with excellent communication and strong participatory leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal, coordination and negotiation skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Strong commitment to integrity, professionalism, creativity and innovation, learning, accountability, planning and organization, results orientation, teamwork and technological solutions.
- Application Procedures
Interested individuals may submit their applications by email to the address provided below. The application should include.
- 1-page cover/Motivation letter
- 3-paged CV.
- 3 Referees
The application should be addressed to the Human Resource and Administration Officer and clearly labeled application for the position of: “Project Officer- HEYO-2”. The application should be sent to email: email@example.com
- Submission Deadline
All applications should be received by close of business on 31st January 2024.
Important to note:
The SRHR Alliance Uganda is an equal opportunity employee; persons with disabilities as well as female candidates are encouraged to apply,
Disclaimer: The SRHR Alliance does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agencies,