Title: Human Resource and Administration Officer
Duty Station: Kampala
Contract Type: Full time
Reports to: Finance, and Administration Manager,
The Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights Alliance Uganda (SRHR Alliance Uganda) is a consortium of organizations that stand for and work to ensure that All adolescents and young people have EQUAL access to SRHR services and information in a supportive and violence free environment. The Alliance was founded to strengthen partnerships and synergies to advance and promote the needs of the different groups of adolescents and young people.
The SRHR Alliance Uganda are seeking the services of qualified candidates to fill the position of the Human Resource and Administration Officer based in Kampala.
- Main Purpose of the Job:
The Human Resource & Administration Officer will responsible for implementation of SRHR-A human resource and administration policies and guidelines so to maximize productivity and growth of the employees and the organization.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
The following are the core duties of the Human Resource and Administration Officer:
- Participate in the development and/or review of human resources policies and procedures, departmental strategy development and budgeting.
- Implement approved HR policies and procedures and advise staff on correct application ensuring clear understanding for purposes of compliance.
- Take lead in the monitoring of performance management activities, to ensure full participation of all staff and timely reporting while advising on best practice.
- Develop, implement, evaluate and follow up on training and development plans and budgets based on individual, departmental and corporate needs that seek to achieve the SRHR-A’s growth plans.
- Manage and support Staff relations; Process and handle staff grievances effectively to create a conducive working environment and avoid strife as well advise supervisors on effective ways of dealing with staff grievances. Provide or recommend counselling services to staff where necessary
- Staff recruitment; participate in the deployment of new staff by communicating to candidates and preparing all related correspondences including staff contracts, job descriptions; and coordinating all induction and probation activities.
- Oversee and implement staff welfare management activities as per agreed policies and procedures. The activities therein include but are not limited to; payroll, monitoring and reporting on leave, attendance and absence management, processing staff loans, medical and insurance cover for staff and their dependents,
- Human Resource and Administration: Build and maintain up to date HR related computerized and manual data/ information while ensuring that staff personal files are under safe custody. Retrieve for usage, track and keep record of HR file/data movement. Take responsibility for the day-to-day HR and administration cost center requisitions with regards to routine expenditure while ensuring accountability and cost management
- Manage internal organization communication: Keep staff abreast of developments in the HR Department through regular communications. Take charge and update the intranet with appropriate HR related communication timeously.
- Monitor to ensure that staff meetings are held by all departments, minutes submitted and highlight issues to the HR Manager for action. Provide secretarial services to assigned Committees/meetings and keep all related records
- Staff coaching and mentorship: Support the HR Manager in guiding and advising managers and staff in the organisation and in HR best practice awareness Play an active role in coaching and mentoring managers and other staff in the organisation and in understanding the HR function.
- Research and development: In alignment with the HR Manager, research best practice in developments, emerging opportunities and challenges related to international and regional HR. Inform and provide recommendations to the HR Manager of significant developments, emerging opportunities and challenges in areas of responsibility.
- Act as focal point for reporting and management of sexual harassment allegations in SRHR-A; work with sexual harassment committee in ensuring sexual harassment allegations are investigated timely and appropriate actions/recommendations are implemented to close of cases.
- Ensure all staff are educated in the SRHR-A sexual harassment policy and attendant reporting protocols and measures/mechanisms are in place to build a culture of zero tolerance of sexual harassment in the organisation.
- Support staff performance management; promote a performance culture in SRHH-A through capacity building of staff/managers on understanding of the process and methodology(ies). In conjunction with department managers, coordinate and ensure timely setting and review of performance agreements for staff at national office and regions. Ensure that subsequent feedbacks and follow-ups are logically concluded. Consolidate and regularly avail performance management information for use in management decision making.
- Reporting; Prepare and submit departmental reports and other briefs to the Division Director as and when required. Proactively work with the management team to ensure divisional mandates are achieved to the required standard.
- Any other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- Academic Qualification and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Humanities, a Post graduate training in Human Resource Management is an added advantage.
- A minimum of three (3) years relevant working experience in HR, preferably with an NGO.
- Demonstrated understanding and proﬁciency in the field of Human Resources Management and ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Good understanding of national legal requirements relating to HR, including labor laws and administrative law.
- Hands on experience of developing and implementing HR policies and procedures. Experience in developing and managing performance management processes, practices and systems. Experience with staff relations and dealing with staff issues including grievances. Proven experience in following up on staff training and development plans.
- Experience working with digital and online media communication.
- Skills, knowledge, and Competences:
- Knowledge of the organizational policies, systems and procedures formulation and management.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Excellent planning, coordination and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills; skilled at communicating clearly and confidently and articulating issues in a compelling manner;
- Advanced planning and organization skills with attention to detail with ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to manage complex organizational issues with excellent problem identification and solving skills
- Strong relationship management skills; the ability to deal with all levels of the organization effectively and diplomatically; the ability to build trust and provide consultancy to different stakeholders. Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including inﬂuencing, negotiation, coaching, assertiveness and negotiation skills with the ability to interact with and influence high level decision makers and staff
- Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must. (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Application Procedures
Interested individuals may submit their applications by email to the address provided below. The application should include.
- 1-page cover/Motivation letter
- 3-paged CV.
- 3 Referees
The application should be addressed to the Human Resource and Administration Manager and clearly labeled application for the position of: “Human Resource and Administration Officer”. The application should be sent to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission Deadline
All applications should be received by close of business on 31st January 2024.
Important to note:
The SRHR Alliance Uganda is an equal opportunity employee; persons with disabilities as well as female candidates are encouraged to apply,
Disclaimer: The SRHR Alliance does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agencies.