Job Title: Finance Officer – 1 position (Full-time)
The Finance Officer will work under the supervision of the Finance and Administration Manager. He/she will provide technical finance and administrative support to the alliance programs and Secretariat.
The Finance Officer is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Support the Finance and Administration Manager in managing and providing
oversight to all financial operations of SRHR Alliance Uganda
- Maintaining proper books of accounts and prepare Monthly, Quarterly and annual Financial reports
- Providing the necessary support to external auditors during the audit exercise to ensure efficient and timely completion of project.
- Providing support to the administrative and human resource functions in line with the Alliance policies
- Ensuring that staff adheres to the Finance and Accounting procedures through a review of all requisitions before the payments are made.
- Participate in the preparation of long term, annual, quarterly and monthly work plans and budgets in line with donors requirements.
- Supporting resource mobilization of SRHR Alliance Uganda including supporting the development of funding proposals
- Ensuring proper utilization of the organization resources in a manner that ensures effective implementation of planned activities.
- Work closely with the project staff and provide the necessary guidance to ensure adherence to policies and donor requirements.
- Assist in the compilation and submission of the quarterly financial reports to funding partners and the board. Support in responding and clarifying on any financial issues/queries that may arise out of any reports submitted.
- Support in monitoring expenditure of the organization and ongoing projects to ensure funds are available and provide regular update to the Finance and Administration Manager.
- Support in discharging and fulfilling all statutory requirements and obligations, review contract to ensure compliance with project documents, terms of reference and in line with SRHR Alliance Uganda policies.
- Perform any other relevant duties assigned by the Finance and Administration Manager.
Required Qualifications and Experience
A University Degree majoring in Accounting and Finance or equivalent from a recognized University, possession of relevant professional qualification like ACCA, or CPA and at least 3 years of experience in financial management in a recognized institution. Experience of working with an NGO is a Must.
Required Skills and Competencies
- At least 3 years experience managing donor funds
- Good knowledge and appreciation of financial policies and regulations applicable to non-government organizations
- Computer proficiency especially in the use of accounting software
- Good working knowledge of finance and administration
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Team-oriented and capable of managing multiple tasks and ability to meet deadlines efficiently
Terms of Employment
- SRHR Alliance Uganda offers a nationally attractive salary depending on the qualification and experience
Duration of appointment: 1 year with a possibility of extension contingent upon performance and availability of funding
- The position is based in Kampala, with limited upcountry travel
Interested Individuals may submit their application by email to the address provided below.
The application should include;
- 1 page cover letter
- 2 page CV
- The application should be sent in soft copy to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clearly labelled application for the position of: “Finance Officer”
Submission should be addressed to:
SRHR Alliance Uganda
Submission deadline: 18th December 2019 before 5: 00pm